If you were involved in a car accident, you may want to contact a car accident lawyer Woodland Hills California trusts. If you’ve suffered serious injuries from the crash, you may be entitled to collect financial compensation for your losses. An experienced lawyer from our firm may provide you with the exemplary legal counsel you need to win a fair settlement offer.
Common Types of Car Accident Injuries
Millions of car accidents occur in the United States every year. Some of these accidents cause minor injuries, while others may lead to life-threatening damages. If you’ve suffered any of the injuries listed below, it may be in your best interest to contact a car accident lawyer in Woodland Hills CA:
- Whiplash: Whiplash, a type of neck injury, is one of the most common types of injuries that a car accident victim may sustain. A collision can cause the head and neck to move suddenly, resulting in neck muscle and ligament damage. Individuals who have suffered whiplash may experience minor neck pain and swelling, but serious cases of whiplash could result in very severe damage. It is possible for this type of injury to develop days after the collision occurred.
- Head Injuries: Head injuries can range from mild concussions to traumatic brain injuries. Drivers and passengers can suffer head injuries if they hit their head against steering wheels, windows, or dashboards during an accident.
- Back and Neck Injuries: If there is any damage to the spinal cord, it can result in nerve damage in the arms, legs, hands, feet and other body parts.
- Scrapes and Cuts: If objects inside the car, such as cell phones or coffee mugs, get thrown around in the event of an accident, they may hit the passengers and result in scrapes or cuts. While some scrapes and cuts are minor, others may require stitches.
Damages in Car Accident Lawsuits
If you bring a lawsuit against the driver who hit you, there are several types of damages you may be entitled to. Let’s take a look at the damages your Woodland Hills car accident lawyer may help you obtain:
- Medical Expenses: Medical expenses from a car accident may range from ambulance fees to physical therapy. If your doctor believes that you may require lifetime medical care, you may also get compensated for future expenses.
- Lost Wages: The injuries you suffered from a car accident may cause you to miss time from work. If the injuries are severe enough, they may prevent you from working again in the future. If your car accident lawyer Woodland Hills California respects proves that your injuries have diminished your ability to earn money, you may receive compensation for that.
- Pain and Suffering: Pain and suffering may include any physical or psychological distress you experience from your injuries. For instance, if your injuries have caused severe anxiety or chronic pain, a car accident lawyer Woodland Hills California relies on may help you recover damages for this intangible suffering.
Contact a Car Accident Lawyer Woodland Hills California Counts On
If you aren’t sure where to turn after being injured in a car accident, our firm would like to help. We have a great deal of experience handling personal injury claims, including those resulting from car accidents. To schedule a free consultation with a skilled car accident lawyer Woodland Hills California offers, contact us today for more information.